This is the official accessibility statement for eight-cubed.com. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.
Most browsers support a method of jumping to specific links by pressing
a combination of keys as defined by the web site. For example, running Firefox on Windows, you can press
ALT-SHIFT and an access key (by default).
This site supports the following access keys on each page:
- Access key 1 - Jump to main content for this page
- Access key 2 - Jump to the search box
- Access key 3 - Jump to the main menu
- Access key 4 - Jump to the site's home page
- Access key 5 - Jump to a page allowing you to contact me
- Access key 0 - Jump to this accessibility statement
- Each page on this site has been tested with Wave and meets the guidelines to achieve an AAA rating. This is a judgement call, as Wave cannot automatically test all the accessibility features. I have reviewed all the guidelines and believe this site is in compliance.
- All pages on this site achieve compliance with all priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Again, this is a judgement call, as many of the guidelines are intentionally vague and cannot be automatically tested. I have reviewed all the guidelines and believe this site is in compliance.
- All pages on this site comply with the Section 508 guidelines published by the U.S. Federal Government. Another judgement call. I have reviewed all the guidelines and believe this site is in compliance.
- Each page on this site has been tested for compliance with the HTML5 candidate recommendation. This is not a judgement call. There are programs that can tell 100 percent if a page is in compliance. You can validate each page of the site by using the Validate this page link in the navigation bar.
- All pages on this site use structured semantic markup. H2 tags are used for main titles, H3 tags for subtitles. For example, on this page, JAWS users can skip to the next section within the accessibility statement by pressing
- Where it makes sense, pages use
rel=next links to assist in navigation.
- Each page includes a search box in the navigation bar (access key 2).
- Many links make use of the
title attribute to impart greater detail concerning the resource that they link to.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
While this is primarily a text site, there are some images.
- All content images make use of descriptive
alt attributes. Purely decorative images have a null
- Complex images make use of the
title attribute to explain the significance of the image to non-visual readers.
- This site uses cascading stylesheets for visual layout.
- If your browser does not support CSS, the contents of the site are still readable